“Take a deep breath and focus on your breathing to take control of your life”
Oxygen is greatly required for normal cell metabolism. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy has a growing body of research for medical references and it is popularly used by celebrities as an anti-aging treatment, professional athletes to speed up injury recovery and returning military personnel to relieve chronic symptoms or to speed up recovery from traumatic brain injury.
Aengus, our founding director of Footfocus Podiatry, has always believed in a holistic approach to healthcare. His own journey lead him to exploring the benefits of hyperbaric oxygen as a compliment to traditional medicine….
What is it Hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is an official medically recommended treatment for the following conditions:
• Disorders caused by gas bubbles in abnormal places: Divers suffering from decompression illness and air embolism.
• Poisoning: Carbon monoxide poisoning, smoke inhalation, and cyanide poisoning.
• Infections when antibiotics have limited effect: Gas gangrene, Necrotising infections, bone infections, and diabetic foot wounds.
• Tissue damage: Crush injury, Compartment Syndrome, Radiation tissue damage (Osteoradionecrosis), Compromised skin grafts and flaps. Thermal burns.
The Unofficial and Off-Label Uses for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy:
• Alzheimer’s Disease (AD)
• Autism (ASD)
• Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
• Cerebral Palsy (CP)
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
• Fibromyalgia (FM)
• Migraines and Headaches
• Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
• Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
• Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
• Sports Injury
• Stomach Ulcers
• Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
• Optimization of micro circulation
• Activation and improvement of lymphatic system
• Activation of drainage systems to eliminate toxins
• Oxygenation of peripheral tissues
• Improvement of over-all blood system circulation
• Improvement of cardiac functions
• Osteo-articular and muscular system improvement
• Anti-inflammatory effect on subcutaneous fat
• Speeds up recovery process for post-op patients
• Well-established treatment for decompression sickness
• Accelerates healing times for minor and major sports injuries
• Faster recovery after workout and intense professional games
What does treatment look like?
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment involves laying in our pressurised chamber and breathing 97% concentrated oxygen through a face mask for a period of one between 60-90 mins. A typical number of treatment sessions may be once a day for a period of a few days to a few weeks. Some ailments may require more/less as each individual requires different levels of treatment.
For a “deeper dive” (sorry) into Hyperbaric Oxygen or to book your first appointment contact us or book online today!